Fraternity as relational, juridical and political principle
Seminar on the Principle of Fraternity, I.U. Sophia, March 11-12-13, 2013
The interest on the theme of fraternity, intended as principle of thought and action in the public sphere, not as parental relationship or as a tie within a community, has grown greatly at the international level in the last few years as exemplified by recent numerous publications dealing with this theme. The seminar presents an occasion to meet, and to go in depth, first of all for scholars who have already dealt with this theme. Students and interested public can attend the works, by first registering.
Studies on fraternity:
The program’s areas of discipline are:
- Philosophy and cultures of fraternity.
- Democracy and participation.
- Friendship, fraternity, community: concepts and practices in international relations.
- Fraternity, science of law, justice: a relational perspective.
- Fraternity and Constitutions.
Description of thematic areas:
Seminar is promoted by:
- Sophia University Institute, Florence
- Málaga University
- Trnava University, Bratislava
- Barcelona Autonomous University – Laboratory of Investigation on Pro-social Applications
- Lateran Pontifical University, Rome – Department of human and social Science – Africa
- University of Milano-Bicocca – Department of law for economics
- Catholic University – Department of Philosophy
- Antonio Maria Baggio (Sophia University Institute)
- Adriana Cosseddu (Sassari University)
- Luca Fazzi (Trento University)
- Pasquale Ferrara (Luiss and Sophia University Institute)
- Viliam Karas (Trnava University, Slovakia)
- Gennaro Iorio (Salento University)
- Roberto Mancini (Macerata University)
- Antonio Márquez Prieto (Málaga University)
- Ilenia Massa Pinto (Turin University)
- Martin Nkafu (Lateran Pontifical University)
- Rocco Pezzimenti (Lumsa, Roma)
- Filippo Pizzolato (Milano-Bicocca University)
- Franco Riva (Milano Catholic University)
- Robert Roche-Olivar (Barcelona University)
- Daniela Ropelato (Sophia University Inst. and St. Thomas Pontifical University)
How to participate
You can participate as speakers or as listeners, by filling the registration form.
CALL FOR PAPER
To propose a paper:
- The requests (abstract presentation form) must be received by organizers by Oct. 15, 2012; abstracts can be presented in Italian, English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese and must contain up to 300 words (eventual bibliography is not included in word count).
- The Scientific Committee will answer requests by Nov. 15, 2012.
- Authors of submitted abstracts will send completed texts by Feb.15, 2013
Final due date for admission of relators and auditors: Feb. 20, 2013 (registration form).
The seminar will take place from the 11th to the 13th of March 2013, at the Sophia University Institute, located in the International Citadel of Loppiano, on the plateau above the village of Incisa in Val d’Arno, 24 km far from the city of Florence .
It is easily accessible by the motorway A1 Rome-Florence (4 km from Incisa-Reggello) and station ( 3 km far from the station of Incisa and 9 km from the station of Figline Valdarno ). The airport of Florence is 38 km away.
- Florence Airport – Incisa in Val d’Arno
Florence airport is approximately 5 km far from the center of the city and it is well connected by taxis, shuttles and bus. Taxi fares from the airport to the center of Florence is about 15 to 20 €. The shuttle bus connects the airport with the railway station of Santa Maria Novella at a rate of 3.00 to 4.00 € per head. From the railway station of Santa Maria Novella, you can reach the station of Incisa in Val d’Arno with a regional train at a cost of € 3.70 (for timetables visit the site: www.trenitalia.com).
- Pisa Airport – Incisa in Val d’Arno
From the airport G. Galilei of Pisa is possible to reach the station of Florence Santa Maria Novella, both with a bus (www.terravision.eu) at a cost of € 6.00, and by train (for timetables visit www.trenitalia.com) at a cost of € 7.10. From the railway station of Santa Maria Novella you can reach the station of Incisa in Val d’Arno with a regional train at a cost of € 3.70 ( for timetables visit the site: www.trenitalia.com).
- Rome Fiumicino Airport – Incisa in Val d’Arno
From the Fiumicino Airport of Rome, is possible to reach by train the railway station of Roma Termini at a cost of € 14 (for timetables visit www.trenitalia.com); then, from Roma Termini you can reach with a high-speed train, the Florence train station Santa Maria Novella. From the railway station of Santa Maria Novella you can reach the station of Incisa in Val d’Arno with a regional train at a cost of € 3.70 (for timetables visit the site: www.trenitalia.com). Alternatively, from the railway station of Roma Termini you can go directly to the train station of Incisa in Val d’Arno (for timetables visit the site: www.trenitalia.com).